🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

AP Profile View...?

Started by
2 comments, last by Jumpster 23 years, 7 months ago
When I don''t sign in, my posts (response or new) would register as an AP poster. Why is it that if I don''t sign in, I can still see "my" profile when I click the "My Profile" link? Somehow, it doesn''t seem right to me. Oh well, just a question. Regards, Jumpster
Regards,JumpsterSemper Fi
Advertisement
Clicking on "profile" automatically logs you in from your cookie. Going to post a message doesn''t automatically log you in, but it fills in the username and password fields from your cookie. Normally, to then post anonymously, you''d have to clear those fields out. If it''s loading from your cookie correctly on the profile, but not filling in the fields on the post page correctly... well, I''d have to look more closely to see what''s going on.
Ok. What do you need from me to check it out? The user name/password is not showing up as you described.

Regards,
Jumpster

Could it have something to do with my cookies or other settings on the IE Options?

Here are my current settings:

A) Allow cookies that are stored on your computer: Enabled
B) Allow per session cookies (not stored): Enabled

Java Permissions: High Safety
User Data Persistance: Enabled

Regards,
Jumpster

Regards,JumpsterSemper Fi

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement