🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Give me your opinion

Started by
3 comments, last by BerLan 23 years, 6 months ago
We''ve been making a 3d game using the character (named Tomy) in these 2 images. We first made a 2D game using the character, but never released it. Give me your opinion about the character (and also the meanie, called Snobol (a snow ball) ), is it cartoony enough or should we do something to get it more cartoony-lookin''? What do you think? Thanks.
--BerLan
Advertisement
I think they look pretty good. The pictures are a bit small though, do you have any larger ones?

But from what I can see the mani character looks great. A bit like Crash Bandicoot style, but more detailed.
i like him.. though i think he needs a tail.. a big ol'' fat grey squirrel sized tail..

then again.. maybe i just like tails?

hehe.. i just think it''d make him look cool.
The only comment I have is that the snowball appears to have a shadow, but the main character does not. It''s hard to tell if the main character is standing on the ground or jumping in the air. But that could just be the image size and checkerboard backgound.

Otherwise the character looks great.
Sorry to reply this slowly, but i''ve been in the army and in woods on a training camp for the last few (well, too many) days. Thanks for your comments, they''re very useful for us.

1) Sorry, don''t have any larger pictures at the moment.

2) Ok, the bigger tail is a great idea. Will Do.

3) The character does have a shadow, it''s just on top of the snowball and therefore you can see no shadow. Plain and simple

Thanks again for your replies.

--BerLan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement