Advertisement

OpenGL sdk?

Started by July 28, 2005 06:58 PM
4 comments, last by publicENEMY 19 years, 1 month ago
I want to learn OpenGL, but where do I download the dll/lib files that need to be included to vc6? edit ** oops, I put this in the wrong board..........
Blupix Games
On windows OpenGL 1.1 is included (Windows 98 and higher, for windows 95 you need to download a patch from microsoft).

So you can just link to OpenGL32.lib (and GLU32.lib) and your set to go.
Though on second thought you might need the platform SDK for the headers (and possibly the lib to). Since I had to download it for VC 2005 express.
Anyway ounce I installed VS 6 I was set to go.
Advertisement
with vc6 you've got everything you need.

As explained in the first Tutorial on Nehe's site you have to link the library's.
(As mldaalder already said the supplied library's are OpenGL version 1.1, so once you get to more advanced/newer functions you have to load them as extensions, wich is also explained in the tutorials)

So i suggest you just work your way trough the tutorials.

Good luck
You can get all you need here
You do NOT have to d/l or install any files. Just as I said in my previous post. If you have vc6 installed you've got everything you need to start developing your OpenGL applications. (Extensions not included)

(ps -> do install the latest videocard drivers)
opengl support is provided by 3d card vendor. you dont need the sdk, but they(3d card vendor) are the one who need it. in fact, they are the one who made it. possibly you mean glut?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement