🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help with djgpp networking

Started by
5 comments, last by Bad Maniac 23 years, 6 months ago
I cant seem to find any tutorials on network communication, for djgpp or any other C language. I would like som help, and perhaps some easy simple source code to dissect, and learn. can anyone help me, please email: martin_maniac@hotmail.com or answer here on the board. The more I think, the more confussed I get.
JRA GameDev Website//Bad Maniac
Advertisement
Well, Winsock or DirectPlay are what you''re probably looking for. http://www.yahoo.com isn''t a bad place to start.
Only problem: Im programming under DOS right now, to get the basics first, but maybe you can access winsock from dos under win95/98...

The more I think, the more confussed I get.
Hmmm, I never used DJGPP, but if you can build 32-bit ''console'' apps, then you can use Winsock.
You''d have to go read up on DOS NIC drivers &ltshivers>
Might be easier to port to windows.

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- The disgruntled & disillusioned
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Yeah, Im changing to either Windows or Linux later, I just thought I''d do a simple chat thingy under DOS first that''s all, I know it can be done, dosdoom for example uses IPX under DOS, but trying to figure ID softwares source out is... well... to hard for me anyway.Ill keep looking, and you can bet, if I get anything working, itll be turned into a tutorial and posted on the web along with commented source code (I hope) =) THEN Im changing platform.

The more I think, the more confussed I get.
IPX is probably the way to go.
You probably don''t have a NetWare server, so ya?

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- The disgruntled & disillusioned
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement