🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The ScorchedEarth/Worms/Liero/Whatever-Clone to END all gravity games!

Started by
0 comments, last by SCHiZNiT 23 years, 7 months ago
Hi there. If you don''t mind I would like to dump some random thoughts in this thread, because I just started thinking about this game and could need some help getting the ''design'' straight before writing the first line of code... I want that game to have a lot, and talking about it might help me to see clearer what is important and fun and what not. Thanks in advance. Of course I am wondering what you people a) think about my ideas, b) would like to see in such a game, c) would NOT like to see in such a game, so feel free to have a dump too
Advertisement
(argh, sorry for messing with the subject line)

GENERAL:
Although there''ll be *loads* of games modes (realtime AND round-based) later, I will focus on getting a realtime splitscreen 2 player game working as soon as possible, make it fun and then start doing the other stuff. The long range goal is too crazy, I don''t dare to tell anyone ''cause they might lock me up. Soo...
First of all, no worms, but dudes. Looking like the soldiers in cannon fodder maybe. These dudes (the 2 players) start with some money and both buy weapons/ammo/equipment before/during the round (either at their base or in shops), kill each other (doh), get money for that (notice that the cash amount for frags depends on how well equipped the two involved players are), and after the round is over, it''s for the shop again.
I love shopping, especially if there is a lot to buy, so the weapon system will modular, with very versatile, reusable classes (like trigger, shape, physics, trail, explosion, spawn (for clusters) and lots more), which will be created and combined to create nearly unlimited amounts of weapons, no lying.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement