🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Little problem with registering

Started by
3 comments, last by Black Dot 18 years, 10 months ago
Hello, there! I have a slight problem I can't resolve. I hope you'll be able to help me. Here is the method I have:

void SomeClass::Target( OtherClass* cl )
{
   (...)
}
And here is how I want to register it:

r = ScriptEngine->RegisterObjectMethod("SomeClass", "void Target(OtherClass&)", asMETHOD(SomeClass,Target), asCALL_THISCALL);assert(r >= 0);
Unfortunately, there is always an assert error :( . Can you help? Thanks. Regards, Black Dot
Falling Man GamesFeel free to visit us!
Advertisement
Add the 'in', 'out', or 'inout' keyword after the reference name. 'Otherclass & in'.

Your C++ function also takes a pointer, not a reference. Underneath they are the same; but I don't know if that will cause problems or not.
I tried:

void Target(OtherClass& in)void Target(OtherClass& inout)void Target(OtherClass ∈)void Target(OtherClass@ in)

None of them seem to work :(
Well, if you've tried all these combinations and neither work, then it would seem that the OtherClass type hasn't been registered yet.

How did you register the OtherClass type?

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Haha, oh my god, how stupid I am :D.

Of course I did everything in wrong order :). Now everything works!
WitchLord to save the day again :) Thank you very much!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement