🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

sales data

Started by
4 comments, last by friedl_markus 23 years, 6 months ago
Hello ! Please help again! I am currently working on my dissertation about "Online Game Community Design" and "Online Community Interaction". For the introduction of my work I would really, really need some INFORMATION AND STATISTICAL DATA (i.e. saled retail boxes, average players online, average session time per player, balance male/female-players...) about games played online (the genre doesn''t matter as I will compare interaction in games of different genres against each other - so it could be Half-Life, Ultima Online, Everquest, Starcraft, ...). Does anyone know where to get such information?? I only found the site of pcdata.com (which is really, really expensive for a poor student ). Thanks very much in advance! Markus Markus Friedl Programmer, Designer, Visionaire Vogelweiderstr. 7 A-6020 Innsbruck Austria
Markus FriedlProgrammer, Designer, Visionaire :)Vogelweiderstr. 7A-6020 InnsbruckAustria
Advertisement
Game Developer magazine has also made such statistics, but just like pcdata they are really expensive. Nothing comes for free. Tough luck.

Jacob Marner
Jacob Marner, M.Sc.Console Programmer, Deadline Games
Try asking a game company. Tell them you need rough figures, rounded approx.. hehe that should be fine. They won''t give out exact details, but most companies will gladly give out info like that to students for reports. Try going to sony, and asking about everquest, since it''s a MMORPG.
You need to define "male/female" better.. in or out of game?

J
I found www.theregister.com quite helpfull.

Do a search on statistics.
I don''t mean to be a pain in the arse, but that''s the third time I''ve seen this very same message pop up here. If you want more answers, I suggest you dig up the older threads, Markus, because it''s bad form to be re-posting the same question over and over.

People might not remember what you said, or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
Mad Keith the V.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
Hello!

And thanks to you all!!

regarding the reposting:

my work has got some new focus and this time the question was more meant in a different way!

but sorry about that... it really was not meant as some kind of spam...

Markus
Markus FriedlProgrammer, Designer, Visionaire :)Vogelweiderstr. 7A-6020 InnsbruckAustria

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement