🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

3ds Max Objects

Started by
2 comments, last by Daaark 18 years, 10 months ago
Hi guys!! I am an advanced user of 3ds Max. I just started OpenGL, but i dont know how to import objects like camera, whole animation, characters etc from 3dsMax. Apart from 3dsMax, i m also an advanced user of its plugin, the Character Studio. I jast want to know, how can i import all these things including whole animations,sceneries and effects from 3dsMax??? Thanxxx...
Advertisement
You will have to export them into another format, and then write a loader for that format.
Quote: Original post by Vampyre_Dark
You will have to export them into another format, and then write a loader for that format.

Thaxx for telling me that.. would u like to give me a brief description on
how write the loader and what extension should i use. If you have some example or examples, it would be really helpfull. Thanxx again..

Quote: Original post by maverick20
Quote: Original post by Vampyre_Dark

Thaxx for telling me that.. would u like to give me a brief description on
how write the loader and what extension should i use. If you have some example or examples, it would be really helpfull. Thanxx again..

Check out nehe.gamedev.net

There's no extension to use. You load it, store it, and render it yourself.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement