🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Profesinal Resolution

Started by
4 comments, last by Andrew Russell 23 years, 6 months ago
What kind of resolution do the people who get prints done of their art use (say for A3 kind of size, standard monitor ratio)? ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Web site coming soon...
Advertisement
ahem... depends on the printer really. 300 dpi is a minimum for professional quality printing, you could go for 600 dpi if you have some really cool printer. I believe some professional printers can do 1200 dpi (I might remember wrong, it was a while ago).
For reference, on a computer, the resolution is usually 72 dpi (in Photoshop for instance, 72 dpi is the default resolution).
I hope you know waht dpi is ?
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
At least 600 dpi, but much more is not really worth it.
"NPCs will be inherited from the basic Entity class. They will be fully independent, and carry out their own lives oblivious to the world around them ... that is, until you set them on fire ..." -- Merrick
Hmmn.. So for A3 at 600 DPI it would be..

9600 by 7200

Hmmn... Lot of RAM if you want to manipulate one of these.

Thats about 70 megs, just if it is one layer. Wow.

ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Web site coming soon...
WEll, yeah, that''s the kind of memory you need when you really wanna do professional stuff
I was doing a flyer the other day, and the picture was only 10 cm x 7 cm, around 600dpi, the file was 10 megs.
But if you have a GOOD printer, it DOES make a difference.
As morfe said, above 600 dpi, you''d have to be a professional (and with a good eyesight) to really see the difference.

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
And there you have your reason for NOT using Rambus memory in a Desktop Publishing environment! Buh-bye P4, much too expensive!

People might not remember what you said, or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
Mad Keith the V.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement