🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Music problem.....crisis, really....

Started by
2 comments, last by PsychoFreud 23 years, 6 months ago
I`m in the middle of making a game, and I have a desperate need for making music to my game too. I`m using a mac, and I need some kind of music software that let`s me use Quicktime Musical Intsruments or something. My problem is that I do not have access to a MIDI keyboard, and that leaves me with very little choices it seems. So I was hoping someone could help me out here, and either giving some smart advise to what to do, or guide me somewhere I could get an answer. I found one program called MidiGraphy, which is great, however I can only get the piano sound, no matter what to do. Another program called MacKey Synth would let me hear all of the instruments, but not to use it anywhere else. I`m very desperate here, so if somebody could help me, I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance
"Knowledge is power, wanna learn everything"
Advertisement
hi there my friend....
did you tried to work with trackers???
ther is a spiciel API that lets you put tracker files in your game\software.
with trackers you dont need midi keybors...
couse all u need is your own keybord and bounch''a waves....
if i were you i would consider this option...
The goblin will always watch...
You really should use a tracker. I recommend Impulse Tracker 2.14 (available @ www.maz-sound.com). For a tracker you also need samples/instruments. Easiest way to get them is ripping them off other modules. You should find some if you search for them.
i think the best music program for the MAC would have to be MetaSynth, and MetaTracks, and XX (all by the same company)

i took an electronic music class at Southern Oregon University and used all 3 of them, they all work hand-in-hand and you can create some wonderful sounds.

With metasynth you actually ''draw'' the music on the screen with the mouse, you''ld have to see it to understand what i mean..

you can create some very organic and moody stuff with it.. I have a PC though, so i don''t use it now.. i use FruityLoops, which is also a great proggy!

hope this helps.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement