🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Scripts accessing the hosts objects?

Started by
2 comments, last by WitchLord 18 years, 9 months ago
Hello everyone, I'm creating a game, which I'd like to be API independent.. This means I have like an IRender interface, IInput and so on.. What I'm wondering is if AS is able to handle it? [Edit] Nevermind.. I think I found it in the manual.. Seems like AS doesn't support it.. But it also suggested how to fix it.. [Edited by - DvDmanDT on September 27, 2005 3:17:47 PM]
Advertisement
Actually AngelScript does support virtual methods, so you should be able to register methods for your interfaces.

What AngelScript doesn't support is virtual inheritance, which is normally used to minimize the class sizes in case of multiple inheritance with base classes that may share the same superclass.

Normal multiple inheritance is supported by AngelScript however. So if your class implements more than one interface, that should be ok with AS.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

That's great! Thanks for the info (and ofcourse the library)!

[edit]
Compiler support - It works with MSCV++, GNUC, MinGW, and DJGPP. Other compilers haven't been tested yet.

[Edited by - DvDmanDT on September 28, 2005 7:49:00 AM]
Oops! [wink]

I'll fix it as soon as I can. Thanks.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement