Advertisement

err... why is this coming up when I compile it?

Started by
4 comments, last by Drew_Benton 18 years, 11 months ago
gl\glaux.h: No such file or directory [Build error] [main.o] Error 1 when I remove include blah blah, I get even more errors. BTW I am using Dev-C++ 5 Beta 9.2 (4.9.9.2) downloaded from Bloodshed.net what are your thoughts? When I press compile & run, it compiles it and it gives me the error. When I run it it says project not compiled.
You are missing the glaux header file and possibly the lib too. If you use the functions from there, you need to have that header in the gl folder where gl.h and glu.h are. You get even more errors when you take that line out because the functions that are in that header file don't exist according to the compiler, so it is like using nonexistent variables. It gives errors on each one, which is why there are so many more. When the header isn't found, it only gives that one error, but since you delete the line and the others headers ARE found, the errors suddenly jump from one to who knows how many.

Advertisement
so where do I get the glaux and the library from?
You have two options:

• Replace the offending code with a glaux substitute
Or
  • Keep using glaux until you get onto the later NeHe lessons which move onto Targa (*.tga) graphic files.

A forum regular here (lc_overlord) has kindly provided a link to a glaux substitute in his signature, see here. If you just want to keep using glaux for now then I have a copy on my webspace, direct link to the .zip file.

Have fun!
--
Cheers,
Darren Clark
thank you for using your time to post a link here but I have another question. Where do I put the file I downloaded? I tried putting it in my project as glaux.h but the main.o thing still said it couldn't find gl\glaux.h. Where should I put it?
Quote: Original post by Ranma
thank you for using your time to post a link here but I have another question. Where do I put the file I downloaded? I tried putting it in my project as glaux.h but the main.o thing still said it couldn't find gl\glaux.h. Where should I put it?

If you downloaded glaux.h, you need to open your "X:\Dev-Cpp\include\GL" folder and put it in there.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement