🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I Want To Program!

Started by
1 comment, last by drako 23 years, 6 months ago
OK, I''ve been programming games for the past 8 years... I''ve just recently decided to write an RPG from hell! The only thing is, when it comes to story developement and such, my brain gets flooded with ideas that never get anywhere (but hey they are cool ideas!). Here''s the deal... I need to find someone who wants to make an RPG with me.... I want to do the programming aspects while this "someone" does the design aspects including actually coming up with the story, battle systems, and general design issues... I''m looking forward to doing something with an Isometric battle engine or something like Final Fantasy Tactics... but this isn''t final. Give me some ideas! I''ll take requests for a few days, that is assuming that anyone cares :-). And then choose what I think is within my capabilities and what sounds fun. I''m thinking of actually turning this into a full blown commercial RPG (yeah right!) and maybe starting an Independant Game Company, so whoever gets in with me would be a 50/50 partner in process... also I''m no good with graphics (by this I mean actually making them, I''m perfectly OK using them in programming) so I may also have a need for a graphics designer. Please note, if any project is undertaken the progress at first will be slow as the designs get fleshed out and the design is matched up to a language and other utilities. If you''re interested, you can reply to this message or send me an email at : robertknepp@hotmail.com Thanks! My Brain Hurts!
----------------------------My Brain Hurts!Robert Knepp
Advertisement
You should try to post this in the Help Wanted forum instead. I''m sure you''ll find plenty of people willing to do all the conceptual work and have you do all the grunt work

Although, finding an artist can be harder. Good luck!

"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be --Pink Floyd

Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself.

----------------------------
Click here to see my current project.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
How about that... wrong thread.... sorry!
I''ll post the same message in the help wanted thread...

If you feel the need to reply to this, try replying to the one in the Help Wanted board.

Thanks!
----------------------------My Brain Hurts!Robert Knepp

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement