Advertisement

Documentation

Started by October 12, 2005 08:00 AM
13 comments, last by d000hg 18 years, 10 months ago
Can the documentation be online, that is, can we direct users to a website that has the documentation? Or does it have to be a stand-alone file distributed with the game?

I ask this because in my manual I would like to refer to some images stored on imageshack. Is this allowed?
___________________________Z2 Gamesfeaturing Zirconia 2: Battle [4E4], Cognizance, and Boxxed
Text files? Don't be so boring. Make it look interesting. Extra polish points might get you a higher ranking. Here's an early copy of the User Manual. I can't seem to recover the newest user manual so some of the weapons and people on the credits are actually missing.
Advertisement
Damn, nes, that's a really nice manual. Could do with more in the way of pictures, but I guess it's all immaterial now [sad]

I think we'll allow online documentation; it's relatively common these days. Though I do have to wonder why you can't just include the images in the download... Bear in mind that if you're going to link players to pages on ImageShack, that have big ImageShack logos and stuff on, it may hurt your polish score.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

I was thinking more of a direct link to the images on Imageshack, not as thumbnail links though (so it won't open a separate window).

I may just include them in the download though, since you cannot guarantee that the user will have a constant connection to the internet.
___________________________Z2 Gamesfeaturing Zirconia 2: Battle [4E4], Cognizance, and Boxxed
Well in the UK at least it's safer to assume that people DON'T have permanent internet access. So either actually keep the whole thing online on the web (so you must go to an url to see it), or just stick everything in the download and try to minimise the size of all the image files...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement