🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The Ultimate Robot.

Started by
6 comments, last by aegrimonia 23 years, 6 months ago
(not nessecarily MY model, just who the robot is, devastator is the ultimate robot) Well, after about a hundred hours or more of modeling, i've finally got to where my computer takes too long to do anything more, so until i get some more horsepower, this is where i'll stop. I've always wanted to do a Devastator, cuz he was the shit when i was growing up, i've drawn him countless times when i was younger, but wanted to see him in 3D. For all you fledgeling modelers out there, don't be discouraged because your computer isn't a Quad Ghz machine, this was done on a PII333 overclocked to 400Mhz, with 128mb of ram, and a 10GB hard drive. let me know what y'all think. (a little adjustment, i like this background better) And for a Full Res Shot: here One other Angle: here digital euphoria software Edited by - aegrimonia on 12/23/00 4:19:27 PM Edited by - aegrimonia on 12/24/00 4:47:40 AM
Advertisement
thats pretty cool actully. i vaugly remmember this guy but im not sure what from. what program did you do this in?
you are right that a system doesnt need to be mad assed fast as i have a pent 233 and im running max with full hardware accelleration. no degradation.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts

it''s Devastator from Transformers..

thought he''s green in the cartoon..

i wanted to make him a ''bit more ''real'' looking

oh.. he''s done in MAX3.1
Really nice there. I figured that he''s a transformer by the way his legs are composed out of a truck. Back in the days of my childhood, I''ve given US props for making such a kickass cartoon. 6 years later I found out that it was an anime from Japan. Well, you can''t expect too much from USA.
Dude1:Look at this!Dude2:Ugh! That's disgusting.Dude1:Its art!Dude2: Its your puke.Dude1:Its abstract art,dammit!
Woohoo!
Nice one! What''s the polycount? (I gotta ask)

Why is your system the problem? Well, maybe I should ask what package you used to build it? The reason I ask is I''d love to know what error [message] or what is stopping you from doing anything more?

Good stuff, though!

www.stephen-hawes.co.uk
poly count: 472,000

i don''t get any error messages, it just takes SO long to do anything more, it litereally takes 10 minutes for the model to load and with the reflection/refraction maps, it takes 10 minutes just to render an image.

i need about twice the ram, and a GHZ machine to do much more, and not go crazy trying to do anything

Hmm, nice, but i'm personally tied on the debate between the 'coolest mecha' with the Madcat from Battletech and the Wing Zero from Gundam Wing. I'll edit and post pics as soon as i find some good ones.
In any case, looks really good!

Note:I did NOT make these pics....i suck too much for that
Madcat from Battletech:

Still working on finding a good Wing Zero pic...

This RtS-Babble© has been brought to you by:
-Run_The_Shadows
-Run_The_Shadows@excite.com

Edited by - Run_The_Shadows on December 25, 2000 7:15:23 AM
im sorry, but the coolest robot is the machine you play in "zone of the enders". im not a real gundum fan but i do love the art in it. japanese art is mega cool.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement