🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Information about how the judges will play the game

Started by
1 comment, last by AnonymousPosterChild 18 years, 9 months ago
I was wondering if the staff of this contest has made any rules/ guidelines about how they will play/ judge each game, and if they would be able to share them. Specifically, I am wondering how long will the judges play each game. In particular, an "arcade" type game might reveal all it has in 20 minutes, but has great replay value. On the other hand, if someone makes a long rpg, it might take upwards of ten hours to beat just once. Do the judges themselves have any rules about how long they are required to play a game?
Advertisement
I'd point you to this thread.

There's no hard limit to the amount of time we'll give each game; all I can say is that we'll try to make it as fair as we can, considering that we'll have a fairly large number of games to judge and a limited amount of time to get through them all in. If, after playing for an hour, there'll be things in your game that we're unlikely to have seen yet, then you should consider supplying cheat codes or the savegame stuff I mentioned in the other thread.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Seeing as I have very little time to complete this game, I dont think playtime will be an issue. I'll just be happy if I can include the song and dance number
With love, AnonymousPosterChild

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement