🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

4e4 upload

Started by
6 comments, last by Avatar God 18 years, 9 months ago
Anyone know why the upload isn't working for 4e4? Says anonymous people can't upload.
Advertisement
Did you follow all the instructions? Make sure you read the bold instructions that say you must go to the incoming directory (you can't upload in the root folder). You can upload, I can (using anonymous login), and from the server side I can see other people have already successfully uploaded their entries as well).

If you are still having trouble, post a detailed account of what software you are using, what steps you are taking, and what error (post exactly what error you get!) you recieve.
did you try uploading today? i think it broke recently.
I tried uploading right after you posted. There is also an upload from another user from today. You really need to post what software you are using, what steps you have taken, and exactly what error you got for me to help you.
I'm using the one that comes with windows.

It says "550 Permission denied.".

Windows "comes" with at least 2 FTP clients by my count (and possibly 3 depending on how XP handles things). Which one are you using, and what steps lead you to the permission denied message? What steps do you take to reach the incoming directory?
Does uploading a few times overwrite the previous upload? Do the judges use the latest upload after the deadline?
Aw, I'm no longer GDNet+ :-(

It would be nice to know if we could upload over our uploads. So... upload one a little early, then another just before the contest winds down (as a backup of sorts?).
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement