🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Possible Time Extension?

Started by
5 comments, last by Ravuya 18 years, 9 months ago
Hey sorry but I have to ask this, or else I would kick myself for not doing so. I was wondering if its possible for a 1 week extension, My entry is really cutting it close, and at best I will finish my game but not have time for more then like 1 hour of testing and such. Iam probally not the only person who will appreciate a 1 week extension, But I completly understand the deadline and if you choose to not extend anything, I would really appreciate it and probally other people but if its not possible then forget I even asked, I wont argue. But I had to ask.
Advertisement
Quote:
I for one think that extending the dead line is a HORRIBLE idea, everyone who started on this project wether it be early or late saw the dead line, and came up with a project that he/she could of finished in time. This will be unfair to those people who actually accepted the dead lines as DEADLINES and planned their game with only enough features designed to be programmed within the set amount of time they have left. I started about a week ago and I think I still have more then enough time to enter and probally rank good. Like superpig said this is also a way for the judges to see how we can schedule our time, if you were a contractor you are given a deadline for when the project is suppose to be finished. If you go past that deadline you are charged HUGE amounts of cash for everyday that passes. In the real world sure if people give you a second chance to finish something, I bet we would all like that. But the reality is that rarely happens and you cant count of deadlines being extended if you think you cant finish in time. If people decide to join now with asperations to create Quake 4 for the contest and only have 2 months to do it, then instead of changing the deadline people should think about changing their stratedgy and design.

THIS WAS YOU SAYING THIS. ABOUT THIS VERY CONTEST.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
pwnt
Prawned!
The best thing about the internet is the way people with no experience or qualifications can pretend to be completely superior to other people who have no experience or qualifications.
I know i said it. I still think its a horrible idea but thats why I understand if they say no, and yes Iam being a hypocryt right now but I had to ask.
Quote: Original post by TempHolder
I know i said it. I still think its a horrible idea but thats why I understand if they say no, and yes Iam being a hypocryt right now but I had to ask.

No, you DIDNT have to ask, all you had to do was CHANGE YOUR STRATEGY AND DESIGN!
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
It's been explained before there likely won't be any extensions. Sorry.

This thread is going WAY south, so I'm going to lock it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement