🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Want to go pro?

Started by
11 comments, last by Nurgle 23 years, 6 months ago
Oki... I''m setting up a new dev house with a slightly different business model. Apart from core staff, all other people are going to be outsourced (i.e. work on a contractual basis). I''m currently trying to find artists with professional quality work, but without any titles under their belt. If you''re interested in getting that all important "1 published title" on your C.V., send a mail to corporate@thisisnurgle.org.uk with some sample work. (btw, artists are soooooo gaaaay j/k) After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

Advertisement
is there pay involved?
and just what is professional quality art?

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts

Oh! Oh! I know that one!! It''s art dressed up in a suite!! Hmm...or was it art done by people in suites? Actually, it can even be drawings of people in suites. Oh well, I seem to be caught in this cryptic riddle. If anyone has the answer, please share it with the group.

Carl "trixter"
carl@trixoft.com
http://www.trixoft.com
Carl "trixter"[email=carl@trixoft.com]carl@trixoft.com[/email]http://www.trixoft.com
Yes, there is pay involved (royalties)

Professional quality meaning commercial quality (i.e. something that looks good, not done by a 2 year old in MS Paint)

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

well you dont have to be so rude about it. thats not very professional. besides, what did i do to deserve that.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts

Actually, I was about to ask the same as Fantasy Edge has. What exactly are you looking for? I just started using the pc so I couldn''t cg anything to save my life, so is my art still considered "professional"? And is there any restrictions such as age limitations to this thingie? I''m under 18 so...
Btw, Mozart started composing at the age of five. Even so, his music at that time was still much better than most composers. Now if Mozart was an Artist...
Dude1:Look at this!Dude2:Ugh! That's disgusting.Dude1:Its art!Dude2: Its your puke.Dude1:Its abstract art,dammit!
Mozart was an artist, are you saying that music isn''t art?

~WarDekar
18+ only (legal reasons, this would be a contract, and I''d need someone to sue if worse comes to worse).

And the "professional" comment. Come on guys, I know you''re not idiots. This is a commercial title I''m working on, so I''d need an artist capable of that. Geez...

Finally, Fantasy, I wasn''t trying to be rude, I was trying to clarify a point...

please go look at my site and tell me what you think, and please understand Im only the graphic artist not the programmer.
Im now 17 but please remember me in a couple of years

Edited by - onix on January 1, 2001 4:58:40 PM
booya

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement