🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Error when uploading

Started by
2 comments, last by xaver 18 years, 9 months ago
I'm receiving a "550 Permission Denied" error when uploading my entry to the incoming folder of ftp.gamedev.net. I had started to upload my entry before, and then cancelled the upload because I forgot to add something. Now when I try uploading again, I get that error. I am using WS_FTP if that matters.
___________________________Z2 Gamesfeaturing Zirconia 2: Battle [4E4], Cognizance, and Boxxed
Advertisement
I suppose this is because you're logged in as an anonymous user, and you can't replace a file once it exists.

I'll recommend you rename the file before upload, then inform the staff about the incomplete file and the new one you're uploading.

Good luck.
I had the same problem.
Remove the last / from the directory.
Also, you can overwrite your previous file, but it must have _exactly_ the same filename.
This isn't an issue anymore, as Michalson has announced, only the most recent file will be counted as the final entry. I will simply upload it under a different name (but same entry code obviously) than I had previously used.
___________________________Z2 Gamesfeaturing Zirconia 2: Battle [4E4], Cognizance, and Boxxed

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement