🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[4e4] Pirates

Started by
5 comments, last by meganfox 18 years, 9 months ago
Is it just me, or does it seem like the majority of the games are about pirates? If someone has some time, it might be interested to tally up how many of each theme was used and see which ones were the most popular, etc.
Advertisement
Heh, ours uses all four, it's just that only pirates and robots made it into the demo (levels 1 and 2). The first zombie shows up in 3, and a dead ninja in 4.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Mine uses Pirates and Ninja, but the Ninja are killed, and then raised from the dead.. So I was able to fit in 3 =D

One of my friends suggested that the Pirates actually show themselves to be robots in the end, but I think that was too much.
Our game (A Violent World) uses all four, but the player controls the robots so they are I guess the element that aer visible the most in the game. After the robots, it's definitely the zombies.
------------------"Kaka e gott" - Me
Pirates & robots.
We used all four as enemies in our levels.
Pirates were a convinient art resource that fit with our idea, ditto for ninjas... neither robots nor zombies made much sense with our combat system - too slow and bulky for a fighting system based heavily in fast movements and timing.

Pirates and ninjas were also models more generally useful for our project post-4e4 - neither zombies nor robots would fit in our game, so art resources spent on them would get thrown out after the competition.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement