🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

3D Animation Assistance Needed

Started by
12 comments, last by Arakis 23 years, 5 months ago
Hmm......are you talking about the C++ programmer? Otherwise, I am not sure of what you are talking about...

Be kind to geeks. Someday they''''ll be your boss.
Be kind to geeks. Someday they''ll be your boss.
Advertisement
Sorry about my past post didn''t mean to confuse you.

Well the files that come with the DirectX7 SDK are there for you to look at for ideas and to assist you in the making of your game, they show you the features that DirectX has. You can delete them if you want, but what i would do is run a few of them to see what sort of features they have and then go through them and look at the source code and stuff...

hopefully i didn''t confuse you this time...and the book thing i said before annoy that.
Well the post above this one was made by me while at school so did i answer you question correctly this time Arakis??
--------------------------I shall thrash his bloody head in, cut it from upon his shoulders, and as his blood flows effortlessly down my blade, I shall taste it's sweetness. Blade Runner’s Entertainment Nothing much right now...
if you''re making mainly models, nendo is a good solution (my only problem is it doesn''t show coords or rotation values), theres a downloadable demo at www.nichimen.com... to register it is $100.
and those claims about 3dsmax (watered down) for free are as far as i know, false. (read up on it at http://www2.discreet.com/games/dc_gmax1.html... btw, read all the links below on the page)

nendo is excellent imo for modelling, some other programs:
blender (free i believe)www.blender.nl (btw thats an L)
milkshape3d (don''t know much about this one)
truespace 3 (i think thats correct) was also released for download (haven''t messed around with this, but i''ve heard good stuff about it from people i know)

anyway, if you aren''t doing anything precise i would recommend nendo. it also outputs to .x format (registered),i''m not sure which of the others do.

-mike

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement