🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Rant: East Coast Companies

Started by
22 comments, last by Gaiiden 23 years, 4 months ago
I''m sorry, I just have to get ticked off at the fact that no game company has thought to locate an office anywhere on the East Coast. To my knowledge, the farthest East a major game company has gotten is Chicago! Bah!! Oh, and please correct me if I''m wrong - please ============================== "Need more eeenput..." - #5, "Short Circuit" Blade Edge Software ==============================

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Advertisement
No doubt, Gaiiden! I am now in computer engineering/computer science in college right now, and would love to get into the gaming industry, but don''t want to have to move all the way over the US to get to a good company! I have looked for companies on the east coast, but so far have had no luck. I know many people that would love to have a gaming company near here and would do anything to get in. Maybe we could start our own company... Oh, well. If anybody out there knows of a company on the east coast or even near the east coast, please let me know. I would love to get into the gamin industry, even if its testing games at first. Thanks a bunch!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Man who lives in glass house should change clothes in basement.
It is coming...10 years in the making and It is finally coming-Beavt8r...
There''s a few on the East Coast:

Acclaim (Long Island)
UbiSoft (New York City)
Epic Game [Unreal] (North Carlolina)
Tribune (sp) (Flordia)
Bethseda (Maryland)

How about...

www.bighugegames.com
www.breakawaygames.com
www.firaxis.com
www.talonsoft.com

or for testing games
www.aqinc.com

All are in the Baltimore, MD area, though.
Also, Turbine (the makers of Asheron''s Call) is right outside of Boston, MA. The name of the city escapes me just now, maybe Norwood. But I agree, the majority of them are out in California, Texas, etc. .

Anthracks
Thanks for the input, guys! I just happened to see Gaiiden''s post and figured I''d check it out. If anybody else knows of more companies, let me know!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Man who lives in glass house should change clothes in basement.
It is coming...10 years in the making and It is finally coming-Beavt8r...
I believe Tiburon which makes the Madden games is in Maitland, FL.
Well, if I can get a publisher, then you''ll soon have another company on the East Coast: NeoPong Software! Wish me luck!

Charles Galyon
Charles GalyonPresidentNeoPong Software, Inc.
Red Storm is in the eastern time zone, if not on the east coast itself...

Atlanta looked like it was going to start a little development community, but it seems to have sputtered and died out...

$0.02
Wow! Thanks a lot to all those who proved me wrong. Never had a better feeling after being proved wrong I''ll have to look up these companies and see what they''re offering. The thing that got me to post this thread was the fact that all these companies out in California were asking for testers but they all had to be locals! Doh! Hopefully some of these guys will need testers or QA or something to get me started - thanks!

==============================
"Need more eeenput..."
- #5, "Short Circuit"
Blade Edge Software
==============================

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement