🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[4E4] #7: Area 511

Started by
3 comments, last by GiantPaul 18 years, 8 months ago
I might as well say something about this game since there are so many others being talked about. I was making this game a few months before the competition started from scratch to learn how to make real time games instead of turn based and I thought that making a shooter would be the easiest for practice. There are so many games nowadays that look great but don't have many things to do so I tried the opposite. In the real world though I think that art is like 99% important for a game and the best supporting argument is that many best sellers that were played 20 years ago are not played by hardly anyone now even though they have not tried them before. Even I liked the Ultima series but can't stand the graphics to play the first few of this series. On the other hand I threw away many newly bought games the same day I bought them because of many other issues besides graphics (they were all beautiful). Area 511 besides not looking great has not been tested very well to see if it's too hard or too easy. Not been tested if gold and other resources are gained too slowly. Also all the enemy ships move in the same exact way :P [Edited by - GiantPaul on November 10, 2005 10:42:15 PM]
Advertisement
I had a pretty hard time controlling the ship (that, and knowing what to do). Moving/shooting was very, very hard, and didn't seem to matter much anyways (if I was about to die, I just got ported out). The game looked fairly complete, but the lack of a story or directions made it tough.

If you could give me a few suggestions on how to play, or what is going on, that would be great.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
The RPG aspect of this game is nicely done.

The main problem is that enemies shooting at you from far off the screen. As soon as I got to Green Domain, I pretty much died instantly, even with the particle shields activated. I was level 7 at the time, if that mattered.

I think this is what you're supposed to do first:
Click on the building just south of where you start and select "Border Area" from the menu.
___________________________Z2 Gamesfeaturing Zirconia 2: Battle [4E4], Cognizance, and Boxxed
I realize now that the game is too hard in the beginning. Everything costs too much too. The game should have started with more resources.

Also I should have added not making the ship move forward when aiming by holding down the shift key.

What to do: Go to Quest screen by pressing Q. Then click on the first quest and you get directions on where to go to complete it.
I'm wondering if anybody got to finish this game. There's a "nice" movie at the end.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement