🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Superpig's 4E4 Feedback, part 1

Started by
13 comments, last by d000hg 18 years, 7 months ago
The first part of my notes on entries I judged has been posted to my journal. Next part will take a few days.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Advertisement
This is EXACTLY what I've been hoping to see. Are you going to do this for every game or just the ones you personally tested - I'm unluck to get someone else (or lucky looking at the thoroughness of your testing).
That is very considerate of you taking the time to post your notes. It's nice to find out why your game didn't come in top 5 even when you spent five month working on the game.

Just hope you get to our game and don't skimp on the review :)

Much appreciated, thank you very much.

- Dave
Great, thanks for the feedback on Kasei. Alas, if only I'd had time to optimize (so I could add more enemies), and polish it all up more... oh well, still happy with the results.
Thanks superpig, that's exactly the kind of feedback on the entries I was looking forward to seeing.
Great. Very good analyse. I couldn't review my game better than he did! The good thing is, I hope, that I am aware of every mistake he is talking about (I hate that deadlines! :) )
tnx
Another proof that I should not have release the game for the contest, but work on it and then release the demo. At the moment I really don't have any motivation to finish up on the public demo. It wasn't even judged ...

-Eigen
hehe, thanks for giving all that feedback, even if my entry wasn't judged by you :)
Damn. I didn't think you would try moving assets around. I actually considered it, but for some reason I thought you guys would be nicer than that. FE2 would have been owned on stability. OGRE likes to crash and die when files are missing. ;)
Thanks for the good words on our game :) we are still developing it so we will make it even better... there is a little community growing too . Two guys are already working actively on their mods. And yes we knew we were being cheeky... i admited it publicly during the screen shot comments "incident".

THANKS !!! :D

This was our first game so ... i guess it was easier to get a lot of inspiration from another game. Im doing the design doc for our next game right now... its 100% original and we will have twice the man power and more time... this one will kick ass !!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement