🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Poll - which background should I use ?

Started by
10 comments, last by runemaster 23 years, 5 months ago
This is in fact a matter of design.Which background do I choose for the GUI ? It affects atmosphere a lot. My game is set on a misty, mysterious island and has lots of dreams and visions in it, and a lot of philosophy as well.But I can''t decide which background to pick.Here are two screenshots from the game (needs 24bit graphics !).Note that haven''t changed the colors of the inventory for the second pic cause it was only a test.
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
Advertisement
I like the first one better...

Gyzmo
=======================
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with toast.
Gyzmo=============================="Well is the world standard" - The Alchemist"Not in Canada!" - jonnyfish
the top one is much better. Backgrounds shouldn''t have any sharpness to them, since by definition they are supposed to stay in the back.
The first one is fine.
The second one has got to go.

Definitely the first one.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
Thanks for the feedback everyone ! So it''ll be the first one...well I never liked the second on anyway !
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
Number 2 is the best.
The 1st one!

///
Quotes said around the hylix office:
Well then, that was screwed.
By the way, how much are we running at again? Nothing?
And the trained monkey presses the button and gets a banana. But what he doesn''t know is that it''s a Microsoft banana. What a bitter pill, er, banana, to swallow.
If you''re telling me I have no budget for my project AGAIN this month, I''m sticking your hamster in the microwave! Wait, you don''t have a hamster. Quick! I need a new evil plan!

Quotes from #gamedev:
So, "flame thrower" Smurf? - TANSTAAFL
you''ll need a nuclear slide rule and a nuclear boxed lunch - SteelGolem
Yeah. I definently prefer 1. Your game looks pretty cool.... so when''s a demo coming out?
-Forcaswriteln("Does this actually work?");
first one as it does not intrude upon the forground as much as the second. unity is very important

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement