🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Visual C++ 2005

Started by
4 comments, last by Rain Dog 18 years, 7 months ago
Has anyone tried using Angelscript with Visual C++ 2005? I wonder if it works without problems.
Advertisement
I believe I've heard some people using the beta version with AngelScript, but I can't remember who it was.

Anyway, it should work just fine because Microsoft puts high importance backwards compatibility. At least when it comes to their compiler technologies.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

It works fine. Lots and lots of warnings, though.
Great, thanks! I'm just asking because I'm planning on moving the game to the new environment, considering it's free and my old one's from the nineties. I'll report back when I test it myself.
Please do. I haven't actually compiled the latest AS in the latest VSExpress. :)

Witchlord; don't worry too much about the multitude of warnings. Most of them are 64bit compatibility warnings, and don't mean anything unless you are actually targetting a 64bit processor. (And, strangly enough, most of the dissepear then) It mostly has to do with pointers potentially being 64 bits. Also, these can be turned off.
There are also a few deprecations, but I don't remember if it generated any of these warnings. Microsoft deprecated most of the c string library and replaced it with a 'safer' version. (Which is odd, because C++ already did that itself.)
Quote: Original post by Deyja
(Which is odd, because C++ already did that itself.)

You have to remember that there is a lot of OS code written in C that they are constantly updating and fixing to be more error resistent and secure. A lot of the C runtime changes were to prevent things like buffer overruns/underruns, etc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement