🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Tools of the trade

Started by
2 comments, last by Jiggold 23 years, 5 months ago
I''ve noticed something about this forum. There''s really not that much actual discussion of music and development. Don''t get me wrong, I''m not against advertising one''s services here. But, this place could be a whole lot more creatively catalystic. So, on this note, I figure I''ll start with a simple question: what tools do you use for sound production/composition/ect.? Personally, I have about three keyboards (Korg N264 being my main controller), a Berhinger 16 channel mixer, a few mics, a Digitech S100 effects processor, a seemingly generic compressor and ProTracks ProAudio 7. --------------------------- "I love it when my hiney gets all sun-shiney." -Johnny Bravo
---------------------------Now, there's your crap post.
Advertisement
What''s up partner?

I love talking about gear so here we go.

I''ve got a PII running Cubase with a yamaha sw1000xg soundcard, generic midi controller, Akai s2000 sampler, Proteus 2000 sound module, and a Roland VS880EX music production studio.

Now lets talk about the setup I want and I''ll be getting very shortly.

Scratch off the VS880, don''t get me wrong it''s sweet, but I need more inputs cause I''m getting an ASR-X really soon. I''m gonna get the roland digital mixer, VM3100(hopefully the pro version)
to take it''s place. I''m also getting a new computer and I''ll use that for all my recording.

With the ASR-X my setup will be complete(for at least a few months I hope) Oh but then again I need a hot condenser mic, any suggestions?

Mehglo
I can only half sleep cause my third eye, it stays openMeglomaniac-Frozenwww.mp3.com/abyssbeats
If you can afford it, anything Audio-technica is good. Depends on how tight a budget you''re on, though. They''ve got a few newer models that are pretty inexpensive.
I just got Cubase (can''t remember the exact version). My keyboard setup consists of the aforementioned Korg N264, a Yamaha DX-7s ( love that vintage FM sound), a Roland JX-3P, and a Yamaha RY20 drum machine.

---------------------------
"I love it when my hiney gets all sun-shiney." -Johnny Bravo
---------------------------Now, there's your crap post.
Hi

This is a cool discussion :-)
Therefore i want to ask how many of you have used Buzz?
I wrote about it in the news on gamedev.net (you cant miss it...frontpage and all)
I started using it about a month ago, and i must say it''s really great. You can get it free at www.buzz2.com
Also I made a tune with it if you''re intrested in hearing a whole song made with it. You can really get clear sound aswell as unclear/distorted sound if you want! ;-)
anyway, listen to "Love will conquer all" at www.mp3.com/marcuz

/ Marcus Knudsen /MDM

Game music composer

www.mp3.com/marcuz

--------------------------/
/ Marcus Knudsen /MDM
Game music composer
www.mp3.com/marcuz
--------------------------/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement