🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

"Any" type usage

Started by
1 comment, last by Dentoid 18 years, 6 months ago
Hey Just a quick question out of curiosity. Are there any plans for adding the possibility to store other stuff than handles in the "any" type? In my case, it'd be sweet to be able to store a struct, but maybe that's far away? /Anders
Advertisement
I intend to make the any type be able to store any type, including primitives.

In time I will also make it possible to use the any type in expressions such that it will be implicitly converted to the right types. This will make this type much more like variants in VB or the typeless variables in &#106avascript.<br><br>You can store the handle of a struct in the any type already. Isn't that enough for now?<br><br>Regards,<br>Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Quote: Original post by WitchLord
You can store the handle of a struct in the any type already. Isn't that enough for now?

I didn't even think about that. Thanks! :)

/Anders

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement