🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

"He's dead, Jim." (?)

Started by
15 comments, last by Wavinator 23 years, 4 months ago
Just a post to say, "Where is everybody?!?!?!" I was thinking of posting more worldbuilding stuff, but it appears that that''s not a good idea because readership / posts are rather low. (I''m chosing to believe that over the ugly and distinct possibility that what I wrote was so crappy few wanted to read it ) Okay, I''ll try my old approach: Linear story games are not game at all. They are just software toys!!!! So there! (Hello... anybody... *echo*) -------------------- Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
Advertisement
Right... where's my flamethrower? I know I left it around here somewhere...

Seriously though, I think we're sort of running out of ideas, and have already discussed/dissected/thrashed said ideas to death. We need to go away and actually implement some of those ideas, and see if they actually work.

"NPCs will be inherited from the basic Entity class. They will be fully independent, and carry out their own lives oblivious to the world around them ... that is, until you set them on fire ..."

Edited by - morfe on January 11, 2001 3:54:23 AM
"NPCs will be inherited from the basic Entity class. They will be fully independent, and carry out their own lives oblivious to the world around them ... that is, until you set them on fire ..." -- Merrick
quote: Original post by morfe

Right... where''s my flamethrower? I know I left it around here somewhere...

quote:
Seriously though, I think we''re sort of running out of ideas, and have already discussed/dissected/thrashed said ideas to death. We need to go away and actually implement some of those ideas, and see if they actually work.

Actually, this is more true than I''d like to admit. I see this as more true for the design forum. I expected that there''d be tons of posts on stories and worldbuilding and character creation and such here, though. But I guess it''s not so different from design: If you don''t have a game to apply it to, it''s pretty hard to keep going.

Oh well, on to implementation!!!!

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
How long ago did you post, Wav? Most people use the default "show posts from last 5 days", and GDNet''s been down alot the past week & 1/2 or so. . .dunno, could be?

If you see the Buddha on the road, Kill Him. -apocryphal
If you see the Buddha on the road, Kill Him. -apocryphal
quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster.

How long ago did you post, Wav? Most people use the default "show posts from last 5 days", and GDNet''s been down alot the past week & 1/2 or so. . .dunno, could be?

You could be right. Maybe I''ll try again.

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
It''s allright people, no need to panic. They can''t kill me off that easily

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - Site:"The Philosophers'' Stone of Programming Alchemy" - IOL
The future of RPGs - Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche

I check out game writing once every 1 or 2 weeks and if something pops up that i can offer some knowledge to or interests me for learning then you''ll see my face Most stuff in game writting interests me little unfortunately. That''s my feedback for the issue.

A designer doesnt need to know everything about code, they just have to have an appreciation for its limitations and how those limitations affect features they may wish to include in their design. - Drew
Unfortunately, that is the way most of GDNet is going. Nothing is really interesting. We have to create our own interest now. *sigh* I remember when I was an unknown and I could barge into all of the well known genii''s conversation with my 2 cents, but now I have to be the genii (as do many of us) to come up with the interesting topics. Who is cut out for this job anyway?

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - Site:"The Philosophers'' Stone of Programming Alchemy" - IOL
The future of RPGs - Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche

Seven replies here and not a single reference to Bones or JTK. Well, I just took care of that, didn''t I?

Damn it Jim... I'm a .....

I was going to post to this, but thought that it might bring about the usual banter of quotes from all sorts of seedy cult movies.(which I happen to love). I can see it now, Monty Python quotes, Evil Dead quotes, Bad Billy Murray flick quotes, and a slew of other quotes from movies that will live on an on an on.

My ravorite quotes:

"Lady, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to leave the store.", Bruce Campbell vs. Army of Darkness.

"What did you do now Ray!!", Ghostbusters

"Damn it Jim, I'm a Doctor not a {insert profession here}.", Star Trek

"Next one of you primates... even touches me.."
"Clatu Verata Ni... Nickle, Necktie... Its definately an N word."
"They wanted me to stay with them, to lead them, to be their King.."

Ok so Bruce Cambell rocks and this post has really trailed off into never never land. Hope everyone has a good night.

Kressilac

ps Did you know Ash fired 31 shells from a single barrel shotgun without reloading. Lets see Arnold do that. I rest my case.

Edited by - kressilac on February 11, 2001 12:11:15 AM
Derek Licciardi (Kressilac)Elysian Productions Inc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement