🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

AngelCode on PowerPC??

Started by
6 comments, last by WitchLord 18 years, 4 months ago
hi, I compile Codeblocks in PPC linux, my CPU is G4. But codeblocks have used AngelCode, so I encounter some problem. /home/build/program/codeblocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `PrepareSystemFunction(asCScriptFunction*, asSSystemFunctionInterface*, asCScriptEngine*)' /home/build/program/codeblocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `CallSystemFunction(int, asCContext*, void*)' /home/build/program/codeblocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `DetectCallingConvention(bool, asUPtr const&, int, asSSystemFunctionInterface*)' How could I solve it?? After googleing, I find as_callfunc_ppc.cpp may help me, but I can not find the find. Thanks
Advertisement
Have you posted on the codeblocks message board? I know that they do not fully support all OS and configuration
Well, the following are my compile error message, which is due to AngelCode.

/home/build/program/codeblocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `PrepareSystemFunction(asCScriptFunction*, asSSystemFunctionInterface*, asCScriptEngine*)'
/home/build/program/codeblocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `CallSystemFunction(int, asCContext*, void*)'
/home/build/program/codeblocks/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `DetectCallingConvention(bool, asUPtr const&, int, asSSystemFunctionInterface*)'

Thanks
There are currently no support for native calling conventions on the PPC. The file as_callfunc_ppc.cpp, that you mentioned, doesn't exist yet which is why you can't find it. I need help with implementing this file as I do not currently have a PPC.

You need to define the compiler flag AS_MAX_PORTABILITY so that AngelScript is built with the generic calling convention. The drawback of this is that all functions registered with AngelScript must use the asCALL_GENERIC calling conventions.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Quote: Original post by WitchLord
There are currently no support for native calling conventions on the PPC. The file as_callfunc_ppc.cpp, that you mentioned, doesn't exist yet which is why you can't find it. I need help with implementing this file as I do not currently have a PPC.

I have started with a stub for PPC, and plan on fleshing out more...
http://www.algonet.se/~afb/wx/codeblocks-1.0svn-angelscript.patch

(it also has a workaround for the missing <malloc.h> header file)
Hi afb,

I actually already received that patch from mandrav, the Code::Blocks developer. [smile]

I appreciate your efforts to add PPC support for AngelScript. It will be an excellent contribution.

One thing that you have to be careful about when doing your patches, and that is to not mix the Code::Blocks code with the AngelScript code. You've already done so in this patch with the use of #include "config.h" and the defines HAVE_CONFIG_H and HAVE_MALLOC_H. This header and the defines are from the Code::Blocks project and have nothing to do with AngelScript.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Quote: Original post by WitchLord
One thing that you have to be careful about when doing your patches, and that is to not mix the Code::Blocks code with the AngelScript code. You've already done so in this patch with the use of #include "config.h" and the defines HAVE_CONFIG_H and HAVE_MALLOC_H. This header and the defines are from the Code::Blocks project and have nothing to do with AngelScript.

Yeah, the patch was for Code::Blocks so that's not too strange.
Didn't know back then that they had "adopted" so many outside
projects into their own source tree, but know better now :-)
(Ran into similar issues with wxFlatNotebook, and some others)

PS.
A more standalone fix would be to replace malloc.h with stdlib.h ?
Yes, I think stdlib.h would work better.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement