🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Lession 06!

Started by
12 comments, last by Decrius 18 years, 4 months ago
Hi all, First of all, I would like to thank everyone that gives me a hint, because I'm hopeless now, nothing worked yet. Well, I tried the 06 Lession, and guess, its not working again. I don't have the glaux.h file, so I couldn't continou. However, NeHe doesn't explains how to use the GLaux replacement code. To be exact: I really get NOTHING about the _whole_ texture part. Nothing works, and I don't know why I have to use lib's insteed of headers. Any help is very appreciated, it frustrating me, its holding up my project for a month now. So I'm already happy if someone posts off-topic...:p Decrius P.S.: Thank you for any reply :DD
[size="2"]SignatureShuffle: [size="2"]Random signature images on fora
Advertisement
You include a header to know what function prototypes are contained within a DLL/LIB. You attach the lib, glaux32.lib, in the projects settings->Linker Addition Input Libraries or something like that.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
Thank you, I linked the lib's, it gives the same result insteed of linking the .dll, .lib is smaller, so I used that. However, I don't have any glaux thingy's...

Decrius
1. there is a link in my sig that explains things.

2. please check the forum faq.
Yes, I saw your post, but it doesn't explains how to use it. People just say, here's the huge code, find out yourself how to let it work. Remember, I never can get anything to work >.< :'(

However, thank you for the reply :), I appreciate that :DD

Decrius
It's explained further down in the folowing posts.

Note to self: fix this problem once and for all for everybody.
What compiler are you using? Im going to assume the new visual studio 2005 express edition. If so when you downloaded the PSDK it should have a include/gl directory, this is where you will find the glaux.h header, the library should be in the lib directory of the psdk. I did the default install so the header is located at:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include\gl

and the library is located at:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Lib

In the IDE add the paths corresponding to your installation into the include/linker section.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
I use code::Blocks, and yes, I have a lib directory, but there is no glaux in in.

I'll find for that explaining stuff :)

Decrius
I found it, but guess, it gives this:

Project : OpenGL Application
Compiler : GNU GCC Compiler (called directly)
Directory : C:\C\OpenGL--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Compiling: ..\lession6\Lesson6.cpp
Linking console executable: ..\lession6\Lesson6.exe
..\lession6\Lesson6.o:Lesson6.cpp:(.text+0x4a): undefined reference to `auxDIBImageLoad(char const*)'
..\lession6\Lesson6.o:Lesson6.cpp:(.text+0xec2): undefined reference to `ChoosePixelFormat@8'
..\lession6\Lesson6.o:Lesson6.cpp:(.text+0xf26): undefined reference to `SetPixelFormat@12'
..\lession6\Lesson6.o:Lesson6.cpp:(.text+0x1315): undefined reference to `SwapBuffers@4'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

With the thing you wrote, glaux replace thingy. However, there is no source map in my IDE, so maybe you can be more open (= for every user)? Thank you :DD

Its going better, but maybe I need to include a lib?

Decrius
I'm not a GCC user so bear with me; typically the linker will report an "undefined reference" in a few cases: either when you have included a header file but not linked the corresponding library to the project, when you have included a header file using #include but not included the actual header file in the project or when you have a library file attached to the project but you don't have that library physically available. I believe that since you are using some source that originally used the glaux library and have now moved to lc_overlord's replacement, there is still a reference to the glaux library somewhere in the call to the compiler/linker. Since you don't have this library available the linker is trying to link the glaux library in to the project but is failing.

I would look inside your project or your call to the compiler (I don't use GCC so I don't know where to look sorry) and check for any references to either the glaux.h header or the glaux library itself and remove them. When using the glaux replacement code, all you need is the two files "bmp.h" and "bmp.cpp" in your project and you should have no glaux files at all.

Hope that helps and if it doesn't then post back with your compile call and show us the source of your file that you are trying to compile. Remember to use source tags, as explained here.
--
Cheers,
Darren Clark

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement