🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

sprites on top of backgrounds

Started by
2 comments, last by inmysights 18 years, 4 months ago
I have a 1024x1024 background loaded as a texture and mapped to a quad to be used as a background. What I want to accomplish is 2 textures on top of each other (like mario running or standing in front of a background) but whats happening is I have 2 textures that are being blended together as one, and it makes them look transparent. We are using .bmp's and blend to are knowledge is the only way to accomplish the background being blended with a second texture. As far as we have learned .bmp's cannot use the alphafunc to accomplish the (mario on top of the background effect we need) is there another way to accomplish this? Thank you Did some more research, found this topic http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=150076 Will this work with .bmp's? [Edited by - inmysights on February 21, 2006 7:16:48 PM]
Advertisement
anybody know if this works with .bmp's please?
more or less, but then you need to create an new alpha since a bmp file does not include that.

The best thing would be to use 32bit TGA files, just do lesson 33 and you will never need to return to bmp.
awsome,

Thank you!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement