🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

linux stuff

Started by
1 comment, last by Krohm 18 years, 4 months ago
so little linux stuff on site except the lessons especially I miss a lesson that covers dragging.zip so much *.exe in downloads section.. even though I don't think I understood all the GL features but this dragging stuff .. should be the next thing i learn .. any advice? yes please ..
Advertisement
By dragging do you mean using the mouse to move objects on the screen? Although its not covered directly, check the tutorial on picking (selecting 3d objects). You should be able to modify it to do what you need.

While linux is not directly covered by the tutorials, you should be able to piece together how a context is setup from the tutorial ports (at the bottom of every tutorial). SDL's documentation should also help you setup a rendering context for OpenGL. Once you have a context you will be able to use OpenGL as you do in Windows (just without the Win32 calls).
If you mean dragging as "drag this file in the window" then I believe you're out of luck - last time I checked (if I remember correctly) this feature was not provided by X11 itself but thuru WM extensions.
Unluckly, I wasn't able to point find a definite resource on this issue but I believe SDL does provide a message which could get you the needed info. If you're willing to use that then you may be almost done.

Previously "Krohm"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement