🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[SD] Would a view that is primarily text be ok?

Started by
1 comment, last by KGodwin 18 years, 4 months ago
Both views would be nescesary for success and simultaneous, but one would be primarily graphical while the other is primarily text. The text view would be a fully interactive 'view', just like the graphical. Views should be primarily graphical; text is permitted provided it is not over-used (i.e. a simple text listing of health and position of monsters in the level will not be acceptable). I'm not sure if the above sentence is just to prevent obvious BS, or anything primarily text in nature.
Advertisement
If you were presenting the text in a graphical way, e.g. the position of the text within the display is somehow telling the player something, then it might be OK. What I don't really want is a big chunk of statistics or measurements that just sit there being updated.

I can't really give you a better idea without hearing more about what you have in mind. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to talk about it publicly.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Ok, I've sent you a PM. =)

It sounds like my idea will be ok. But little point in posting the core concept in the contest forum, heh.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement