🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Bitmap loader problems

Started by
1 comment, last by Axesor 18 years, 3 months ago
I need my bitmap loader to do these things: Load image based on size[Sorta] Make 255,0,255 transparent[DONE] Allow animated bitmaps I just cannot figure out how to make the bitmap animated Here's my code because I'm too lazy right now <_< http://rapidshare.de/files/15860929/pcn.zip.html Please tell me what to do. ~Thanks, Axesor
.::WARNING!::. Axesor is a total newb or n00b! Beware his lack ofintellegence of OpenGL. Feel sorry for him and keep him in your thoughts.~Leader of the phsychoward
Advertisement
animating bmp's are sort of easy.

1. load all your frames into sepatate textures, or a single one, but then you have to mess with the uv coordinates.
2. start with the first frame.
3. every 0.1 seconds (or whatever) you switch to the next frame in line.
4. when you get to the end you go back to the beginning.

As you can see, animating bmp's is easy, but i can't tell you exactly how to code it, you have to figure out that part for yourself.
As seen in my code, does it load the 128x64 correctly? Or does it not? If it loads correctly, I think I just need to wrap it right.
.::WARNING!::. Axesor is a total newb or n00b! Beware his lack ofintellegence of OpenGL. Feel sorry for him and keep him in your thoughts.~Leader of the phsychoward

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement