🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How does this sound?

Started by
4 comments, last by sunandshadow 18 years, 4 months ago
Just wondering how this sounds.. background info: Long ago, in a distant world, there existed a tribe. A tribe that every 1000 years would take one of their own kind and sacrafice their lifeforce to the Gods. This was known as the Dark Harvest. However, when a rebellion rose against those performing the rituals, chaos struck the world. The Gods, without their sacrafice, brought hell to the world and eventually cast it into the Dimension of Poena where it and it's inhabitants would rot forever and become slaves to the Gods. Every 1000 years, they would seek out a drifting planet, take 4 inhabitants and rip their lifeforce from them to be measured. If it passes a certain limit, the planet is spared for the time. If it doesn't, it's cast into the Dimension of Poena as well. I feel like I forgot to mention something, but moving on..this is when the game takes place. setting: The time period is similar to that of FF9. 4 Teens living on one of the islands of the Mylia Archipelago. Zack (name due to change), Ryo, Roy, and Serena. Little did they know that their lives were about to completley changed. It's been 1000 years since the last Dark Harvest. The night has come. The moon had turned a bright red and the sky was filled with a heavy mist. The four chosen...Zack, Roy, Ryo and Serena. However, something went wrong this time. As they're lifeforce was being ripped, rather than them losing it, it was multiplied over and over. Using this uncontroled power, they escaped from the Gods' Realm. 2 Years later.. A stormy night in the city of Lyeria. We find Zack, Roy, Ryo and Serena in a pub. It's all about to change..the Dark Harvest has come again..998 years early.
Advertisement
For God's sake, you're not trying to get us to buy the game, you want us to tell you how it sounds. We can't do that if we don't know what happens. For instance, we can't tell how the game concept sounds if we don't know what happens besides the fact that "it's all going to change."
Societies do not do things every thousand years. Most societies don't even last a thousand years. If a ritual of any sort does not take place at least once a generation the society will just forget about it.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

I gotta be honest here, I probably shouldn't have posted this at 10:100 at night while being sick...Can a mod lock/delete this? I'll repost it at a later time when it's better developed.
You can delete the thread by clicking on the 'edit' button of the original post and checking the 'delete this post' box. It will succesfully chain delete the entire thread.

I agree with Sun and Shadows though, place it every fifty years, or every hundred at max. Other than that it sounds rather good so far. Do you play all the charactors as a group, switch off and on charactors, or just one?
Actually no, original posters can no longer delete a thread which has already been replied to. So I'll close the thread.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement