🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Keyboard not responding

Started by
1 comment, last by Axesor 18 years, 3 months ago
In my bitmaps, I succesfuly made them animated...sorta, but it works!

glTranslatef(x,0,z);
	glRotatef(zrot,0,0,1);
    glPushMatrix();

glEnable(GL_BLEND);

glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);
	glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, bitmap_c.g_bmp);
    glBegin(GL_QUADS);
    glTexCoord2f(0.5f, 0);
	glVertex2f(-1,-1);
	glTexCoord2f(1, 0);
	glVertex2f(1,-1);
	glTexCoord2f(1, 1);
	glVertex2f(1,1);
	glTexCoord2f(0.5f, 1);
	glVertex2f(-1,1);

glDisable(GL_BLEND);
	glPopMatrix();

Now, when I press WASD the x,z, or zrot functions are not working, can someone tell me why?
.::WARNING!::. Axesor is a total newb or n00b! Beware his lack ofintellegence of OpenGL. Feel sorry for him and keep him in your thoughts.~Leader of the phsychoward
Advertisement
Could you show us the code where you're trying to handle keyboard input?

- Jason Astle-Adams

while (!exiting)	{		gSystem->Code();		gSystem->Render();			if(GetKeyState('W') & 0x80)		{			gSystem->z-=0.1f;		}		if(GetKeyState('S') & 0x80)		{			gSystem->z+=0.1f;		}		if(GetKeyState('A') & 0x80)		{			gSystem->x-=0.1f;		}		if(GetKeyState('D') & 0x80)		{			gSystem->x+=0.1f;		}		if(GetKeyState(VK_LEFT) & 0x80)		{			gSystem->zrot+=1;		}		if(GetKeyState(VK_RIGHT) & 0x80)		{			gSystem->zrot-=1;		}				SwapBuffers(hDC);

It used to work perfectly... ?_?

EDIT: I also saw something, it seems as though the engine is not keeping up with where the things are, if I take the screen and put it where I cannot see it and bring it back out, the image will be cut off and some of the background will be black. How do I make it where this does not happen, or a constant update?

[Edited by - Axesor on March 20, 2006 5:31:46 AM]
.::WARNING!::. Axesor is a total newb or n00b! Beware his lack ofintellegence of OpenGL. Feel sorry for him and keep him in your thoughts.~Leader of the phsychoward

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement