🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

A ScreenSaver : Cosmic Fountain

Started by
3 comments, last by srinu 18 years, 3 months ago
hi everyone, This is my first post in this forums. i have been learning OpenGL from quite some time. i have been writing some demos, recently i have written a Fountain demo called Cosmic Fountain. i am giving u the link to download the file. link : http://forum.vovoid.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=84&d=1143108483 please give me some feedback. any suggestions, ideas n comments are welcomed njoy ! bye -Srinivas
Advertisement
Nice, but you did miss something, the size of the particles, i can hardly see them.
The demo is having problems on certain hardware. i have used GL_ARB_point sprites feature of OpenGL.i think this might be compatability issue. actually the particle is heart shaped. could anyone there help me out in fixing this bug.
I recently discovered Sprite Point's too, but I found them very useless, after discovering that the point size is interprated in screen coordinates. This means the spites are the same size no mater how far or near they are. This is ok for some aplications, but most of the time it isn't.

Billboarded quads work better (althoug they are somewhat harder to implement) and are supported on all hardware.

PS: Unfortunatelly I could not run you demo, wine just crushed.
The reason i used point sprites is

1. they will always face the camera.

2. much calculations r involved in displaying the quads.

can anyone plz send the screenshot of the demo so that i can know how it is running, which can help me in fixing the bug.

-Srinivas

( mail : mail2srinu@yahoo.com )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement