🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Lesson13 not working for me :(

Started by
4 comments, last by Axesor 18 years, 3 months ago
I am trying to put basic text in my game. I looked into lesson13 and applied the same concepts into my engine. I checked over everything to make sure that everything was set up, but when I rant it there was nothing there. Has anyone face this before nd knows a solution? ~Thanks, Axesor
.::WARNING!::. Axesor is a total newb or n00b! Beware his lack ofintellegence of OpenGL. Feel sorry for him and keep him in your thoughts.~Leader of the phsychoward
Advertisement
Please post a snippet of code from where you display your text, along with any other relevant code. Thanks.
//class hclass BmpImg{public:void LoadFont();void glPrint(const char *fmt, ...);};

//class cppclass BmpImg{public:void LoadFont(){void glPrint(const char *fmt, ...);};

The same way Nehe's tutorial is, which lesson13 is in. SorryI think I posted in the wrong place
.::WARNING!::. Axesor is a total newb or n00b! Beware his lack ofintellegence of OpenGL. Feel sorry for him and keep him in your thoughts.~Leader of the phsychoward
The code within LoadFont() and glPrint() would have been nice... heh

Are you just copying those functions straight out of the tutorial? If so, post where you actually use those functions instead.
Once you get it resolved, change const char * to std::string please. :)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

Okay....erm, why?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement