🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Xenon: War for the Future

Started by
28 comments, last by Prinz Eugn 18 years, 4 months ago
Xenon: War for the Future In the year SC(Space Century)0045 a war between the Space Forces( a rebellious group that controlled Jupiter and Saturn) and the EFA(Earth Federal Association) for the independence of the space colonies had begun. The "Seven Year Massacre" as it was called was mostly fought in space seing over 40% of the "Spacie" population eliminated. Despite this the SF were winning the war becuase of their knowledge of space and its colonies. But meanwhile in the year SC 0051 the EFA was developing a weapon that was said to end the war in shorter time than it had gone on. The "Cronos Cannon" was introduced but did little impact because of only one being produced. The SF soon got greedy and attacked Earth, the EFA was waiting for this blunder and soon had the "Cronos Cannon" mass produced. The EFA also discovered that the "Cronos Cannon" was more effective on Earth, this pushed the tide of the war into the EFA's favor. On November 29th SC 0052 the EFA invaded the SF's main base "Zeta Run" and captured it to end the war. Many "Spacies" were devastated that the war for their independence had ended, and many insiders suspected that an inside job was constructed to end the war. All in all the Seven Year Massacre was over. Now we shift to the year SC 0082 almost thirty years had gone by since the war and peace was maintained. The EFA(now run by the USA, England, Japan, Mexico, and Canada) had full control and governing power over everything earth and Space (except for Neptune and Pluto) had began developing a new weapon called the Combat Suit code named CS. Now in the year SC 0085 a rebel organization only known as Xenon stated their future plans of freeing space from the EFA's rule. A young EFA communications soldier named Raven Bryant(female) stumbles over the best kept secret since the "Cronos Cannon" while on Halia, the EFA's combat suit prototype the "Valkyrie". This happens when a fugitive is reported stealing EFA property, he finds Raven and gives the suit to her(because he was wounded and dying). Raven discovered that he had the weapon that the EFA had been testing, she tells him the EFA never tested the suit on a woman and she gave the suit back. The fugitive dies in her arms and she takes the suit and runs to her ship, an outlaw Jonathon Smithson sneaks on to her ship unknowingly getting himself into the mess. The Halia 2 personnel watch the security cameras and find Raven as the accomplice and makes her an enemy of the state. The EFA also dubs Jonathon an enemy of the state because he was seen boarding the ship Raven escaped in. They head toward Uranus( a neutral planet but still EFA ran) and are captured by Xenon forces and are given two options, become "Soldiers of Fortune" for them or be killed on site. With possession of the "Valkyrie" and two very talented "Soldiers of Fortune" Xenon declares war on the EFA in SC 0086 after developing "Zerona" their first combat suit. Soon this war became and important topic and was dubbed "A War for the Future".
Advertisement
why did Raven run to the ship? wasn't she a member of the EFA? she should have just called the guards and returned the suit. And what is so special about the suit?

---------------Magic is real, unless declared integer.- the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt
Well she knew that she was on survailence with the suit and communicating with the criminal. The "Valkyrie" is also a top-secret project so she would have been court marshalled for seeing it anyway so she ran. And a Combat Suit is an armor that increases human soldier capabilities by 8 times. The inside story is the fact that the EFA made women unable to use CS's, the fugitive modded the suits power capacity to that of a woman's so he could give it to a female to throw the EFA off.
This sounds Waaaay too much like Gundam for me to take too seriously

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

Quote: Original post by Prinz Eugn
This sounds Waaaay too much like Gundam for me to take too seriously

You're right but there is more to it than that.

1.The Combat Suits are not robots.

2. The Xenon Forces are somewhat made up of former SF and EFA members

3. There is no good guy, the story switches perspective from the hunter and prey for example.

I could go on and on, but this gonna be far more serious than Gundam,
Xenon: Earth Offensive and Xenon: Last Stand will show you that.

what makes the suits special if they increase the capbilities of "male soldier" (by design) 8 times? any particular reason for choosing the 8 multiplier?

I kinda see the suits as similar to the exo-suit of the ninja from metal gear which specialize in stealth and agility rather than power and extreme toughness.

What edge does Raven have against her male counterparts? any special abilities gained from being modified for women?
---------------Magic is real, unless declared integer.- the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt
Quote: Original post by neogoukix

Not really:
You are basically renaming stuff,
like the Earth Federation--> EFA,
or Universal Century--> Space Century(you even left the "00--" dates in there),
or Spacenoids-->'Spacies',
or even the One Year War--> Seven Year Massacre.
Quote:

Then why are they so important?
Quote: 2. The Xenon Forces are somewhat made up of former SF and EFA members

Umm... White Fang?

Quote:
3. There is no good guy, the story switches perspective from the hunter and prey for example.

Never seen Gundam Wing, or perhaps Gundam: 08th MS team?

Quote:

Your blustering aside, you plan to kill more than around 6 Billion in your story? Wow.

Essentially, you need to distance yourself from Gundam, or whatever you've watching, and try to write something that you came up with yourself, from the ground up. I suggest reading a book in the meantime. Dune is pretty popular.

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

Quote: Original post by yapposai
what makes the suits special if they increase the capbilities of "male soldier" (by design) 8 times? any particular reason for choosing the 8 multiplier?

I kinda see the suits as similar to the exo-suit of the ninja from metal gear which specialize in stealth and agility rather than power and extreme toughness.

What edge does Raven have against her male counterparts? any special abilities gained from being modified for women?

The "Valkyrie" first of all is suited for combat in space, and the main power that the valkyrie has is a stronger defense. The "Zerona" Xenon's first combat Suit is also suited for space combat, but more or less specializes in stealth manuevers. Raven is only able to wear the Valkyrie because of the limit in power capacity making it only wearable by a woman.

Quote: Original post by Prinz Eugn

Not really:
You are basically renaming stuff,
like the Earth Federation--> EFA,
or Universal Century--> Space Century(you even left the "00--" dates in there),
or Spacenoids-->'Spacies',
or even the One Year War--> Seven Year Massacre.
Quote:

Then why are they so important?
Quote: 2. The Xenon Forces are somewhat made up of former SF and EFA members

Umm... White Fang?

Quote:

Never seen Gundam Wing, or perhaps Gundam: 08th MS team?

Quote:

Your blustering aside, you plan to kill more than around 6 Billion in your story? Wow.

Essentially, you need to distance yourself from Gundam, or whatever you've watching, and try to write something that you came up with yourself, from the ground up. I suggest reading a book in the meantime. Dune is pretty popular.

I already gave you kudos for finding similarities, thanks for pointing them out. I would go on and on but I'll reveal my plot.
Quote: Original post by yapposai

The "Valkyrie" first of all is suited for combat in space, and the main power that the valkyrie has is a stronger defense. The "Zerona" Xenon's first combat Suit is also suited for space combat, but more or less specializes in stealth manuevers. Raven is only able to wear the Valkyrie because of the limit in power capacity making it only wearable by a woman.

i'll say this much. you better have some great engineering and mathematics, to justify that gender differentate.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement