🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Xbox "Incubater Program" Need Info.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by
6 comments, last by Eve Star 23 years, 3 months ago
Does anybody know anything about the special develpment progams for small-time developers. Email me if you do. Cyberkorn2000@most-wanted.com.
Advertisement
Go to www.xbox.com. There is a press release there that gives an email address for requesting information.

As far as I know, you have to go through an approval process, to get your game concept approved, before you''ll be accepted into the Incubator program and allowed to purchase the XDK. Also, I think you are required to obtain a publisher within 6 months or you will be dropped from the program.

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net
Please give me the info @ visser32@juno.com...

I got the NDA yesterday...

R u saying if my game isn''t completed within 6 months I''m off??? Or since I have already signed up with XTremeGames LLC as an XTremePartner, does that count as finding a publisher?

-Domenic-Geek^n
Domenic: If you are on the Incubator program you must have a publisher after six month. If you were on the Incubator program you would know this. Then there is the Prototype Kit which is a different story.
For Incubator: you need to send your game idea (ideally with a working prototype) in to get it approved. I don''t have any contact info, but I imagine an e-mail address at xbox.com would turn the trick. I also don''t think the program is up and running yet at this point. At any rate, if approved and you sign up for Incubator, you are given access to an XDK kit (not sure if it''s loaned free or sold), and given six months to find an XBox publisher. After six months, your Incubator deal is revoked, and the XDK returned. I believe you only need to find an XBox publisher, not complete the game, within 6 months. (Xtreme Games LLC, being a PC publisher, wouldn''t qualify though)

Details are still sketchy; these are my best guesses.

Radhil Trebors
Persona Under Construction
Radhil TreborsPersona Under Construction
Thanks for all yalls help. I went to XBOX.com 5 minutes after I read this so I understand everything now except for the contact information.
Eve Star
What a laugh. So many people are being ripped off by Microsoft, it isn''t funny. One look at the site and you can see what they''re trying to sell you... don''t fall into this trap, especially if you''re new to the console scene. MS ripped one of my best ideas from my hands, incorporated it into their mail server, and not once have I seen any indication that they''re sorry. They''re not going to stop at server applications, either. Even if you fail at self-publishing, it''s no reason or justification to sign yourself over to the greatest evil since IBM hit the spotlight by ripping off the digital computer. Using the Win32 platform for your first few games is okay, but the Xbox (what''s in a name, anyway?) is just a joke. What, do you think that the Xbox offers anything different? That it has "special features" or "new technology"? Give me a break. By the time you see any profit or return of any sort from this thing, MS will have pocketed 80% of the return and walked away chuckling. Computers and consoles. Choose one, but not the gray area. It''s conventional wisdom and it''ll stay wisdom until the day you die.
How typical.. Another chronically depressed/Anti Everybody anonymous poster.
Seek Help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement