🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Exporting Vertex information from 3ds Max to implement in OpenGL

Started by
0 comments, last by lc_overlord 18 years, 2 months ago
Hello people, I am creating a mesh of my head/face within OpenGL programming and has to be able to rotate using the mouse and has to be fully rendered for a university assignment, I have already created the head and rendered texture including animation in 3ds max. I was wondering if anybody knew of a program that would filter the exported VRML from 3ds max file so that just the vertex info appears and is formatted like an array so i can some how implement it into my code. I have been supplied with a with a program called munge that as far as i know outputs nothing. If any body can help it would be greatly appreciated! Cheers Mac
Advertisement
There is a program called crossroads 3d that can export many popular 3d formats including 3ds and obj to arrays in c code that you can with little modification drop into your code.
it's a bit old and is no longer updated, but it still works
go to http://www.file-ext.com/multimedia.html and scrolldown to crossroads witch is about a third down.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement