🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Capturing ALT-TAB and Windows key?

Started by
2 comments, last by vince 24 years, 9 months ago
Just off the top of my head... isn't the message called WM_SYSKEYDOWN or WM_SYSEVENT or something?

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios
www.spin-studios.com

Founder, Cuttlefish Industries
The Cuttlefish Engine lets anyone develop great games for iPad, iPhone, Android, WP7, the web, and more!
Advertisement
Just tried it. That doesn't catch ALT-TAB. It may catch the Windows key but I'm not on a computer that has one at the moment.

------------------
-vince

-vince

Anyone have some source code for catching ALT-TAB and the Windows key on Win95+98? We've tried the M$ suggested method of running as a screensaver but it doesn't seem to work all of the time.

I know it can be done since Half-Life does it.

------------------
-vince

-vince

Hmmm... OK...

What happens if you override (for MFC) or don't call (for Win32) the function "TranslateMessage"?

Does it still Alt+Tab?

ps - the actual message is WM_SYSCOMMAND, tho if SYSKEY didn't do it I doubt this one would. It looks like you can, however, block a screen saver via WM_SYSCOMMAND.

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios
www.spin-studios.com

Founder, Cuttlefish Industries
The Cuttlefish Engine lets anyone develop great games for iPad, iPhone, Android, WP7, the web, and more!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement