🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Erroneous imports causes crashes

Started by
3 comments, last by Dentoid 18 years, 1 month ago
I noticed that trying to use an imported function where the specified module in the import statement doesn't exist will result in a crash. This one is no big deal either, but I guess it should give some kind of error instead of crashing. /Anders Stenberg
Advertisement
Crash?

It should have given you a script exception, as you're trying to call an imported function that has not been bound yet.

I'll investigate it.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Yup, crash. I can't give much details really (haven't tried reproducing it in a simple test case), but that's what happened. When I corrected the name of the import module (I'd accidentally written it wrong in the import statement, which is how I noticed the error) it worked fine.
I've tried to reproduce this crash, but so far I've not been successful. The only thing that happens when I try to do the import from a non-existing module is that the function is not bound and the engine gives a script exception when the function is called.

Could you try to reproduce the problem in a smaller test case and show it to me?

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I don't really remember my exact setup, sorry... Guess I should've kept it around so I could reproduce it. I might see if it's still there in my current setup if I get around to it. But I guess it's no biggie if you can't even reproduce it. :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement