🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Regarding GL_ARB_POINT_SPRITE

Started by
3 comments, last by Dani008 18 years, 2 months ago
hi everyone, recently i have posted a screensaver demo called "Cosmic Fountain ". Most of them had problem running demo. the point sprites could not be seen. Actually i have been using a ATI FireGL V3100 graphics card. when i tried to view the extensions of my card using the OpenGL Extension viewer. It showed that the implementations of GL_ARB_point_sprite had been written against OpenGL 1.4 specifications. and also it is affecting GL_NV_point_sprite. Is the above implementation creating problem in displaying point sprites in my demo. Can update of my display drivers solve the problem or what should be done regarding this issue ?. Anyone out there plz help me out in fixing this bug. link for the demo http://forum.vovoid.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=84&d=1143108483
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by srinu
It showed that the implementations of GL_ARB_point_sprite had been written against OpenGL 1.4 specifications. and also it is affecting GL_NV_point_sprite.

Yes but that is not related to the problem you have, no your problem is that you need to set glPointSize to something other than 1, otherwise your pixels just are not gonna be that visible.
Well, my program doesn't say the extension doesn't exist here(it really exists), but it just shows a black screen, no pointsprites. On other cards it works.

I have OpenGL 1.2 and VIA S3 Unichrome IGP. I already contacted the Support of VIA S3G, but they didn't reply.
Thanks
Quote: Original post by Dani008
Well, my program doesn't say the extension doesn't exist here(it really exists), but it just shows a black screen, no pointsprites. On other cards it works.

I have OpenGL 1.2 and VIA S3 Unichrome IGP. I already contacted the Support of VIA S3G, but they didn't reply.

Point sprites are openGL 2.0 not 1.2
besides the S3 Unichrome is an integrated chip and thus does not posess the cool features a top of the line GPU has.
So you are infact wrong, it does not exist, it might get reported that it exists, but it doesn't exist.

Quote: Original post by lc_overlord
Quote: Original post by Dani008

Point sprites are openGL 2.0 not 1.2
besides the S3 Unichrome is an integrated chip and thus does not posess the cool features a top of the line GPU has.
So you are infact wrong, it does not exist, it might get reported that it exists, but it doesn't exist.

Ohh I meant the GL_ARB_point_parameters extension, sorry, they are pointsprites, too:

Quote: GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_paletted_texture GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_WIN_swap_hint

And I already know that IGP isn't as good as AGP/PCI-E ;-) You don't need to tell me this.

[Edited by - Dani008 on May 6, 2006 1:58:37 PM]
Thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement