🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Problem with #31 - Loading Milkshake models

Started by
0 comments, last by relpats_eht 18 years, 2 months ago
Hi there. I have a problem with Lesson #31. Well, probably nothing new, but I couldn't find a solution yet, so, thought I'd ask for help here. My problem is that the source code doesn't work with models that I make in MilkShake3D, well the models do load, but the textures don't. I searched in this forum and saw this: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/viewreply.asp?ID=2154969 So I searched for this updated source code, replaced the model in the example with my model, and voilá! it worked! Then I used it on my project and I couldn't compile anything. Bit annoyed, so I just took the whole example that did load my model, and instead of running the Exe, I tried to compile the updated Lesson 31: --------------------Configuration: Lesson31 - Win32 Debug-------------------- Linking... Lesson31.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "bool __cdecl LoadTGA(struct Texture *,char *)" (?LoadTGA@@YA_NPAUTexture@@PAD@Z) Debug/Lesson31.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. Lesson31.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) Turns out I can't compile the updated source code... What might be the problem here? I've never had problems compiling the source code from the other lessons! Is good old Ms Visual Studio 6 getting old, or something?
Advertisement
Well, MSVC 6 has always been old as it doesn't comply properly with standards. I suggst you update to that free version of MSVC that Microsoft is handing out while it is still in beta (I can't remember what it is called) if you insist upon using that compiler and IDE.

On to your question: The code you are compiling is calling the function LoadTGA but the function LoadTGA does not appear in your source. I suggest either removing calls to it, or making the function. A TGA loader can be found in various NEHE tutorials, I suggest you use the second one that mentions it in the description, as that one supports compressed TGA's.
- relpats_eht

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement