🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Thinking of developing this story

Started by
-1 comments, last by moogle87 18 years, 3 months ago
Ok, I've written a story on a MMORPG I play. I could probably cut that MMORPG world out of my story if I wanted but it would lose some novelty. Anyway, I can't help but thinking that it could be a nice RPG. I want to throw the story out here to see what you people think. I would post it but it's about 50 pages typed right now. That and I don't have a copy with me. Plot: -the end kinda needs work- The story starts out with the main character gaining awareness. All he remembers are things that were included to help noobies get used to the interface in the MMORPG, so he has memories of retrieving stuff, eating an apple, walking and climbing. Throughout all of this, a girl was by his side, also starting out and as dazed as he is. The guy's name is Shinji and the girl's name is Kohaku. They explore the land together. They figure that they should stick together. This is where I figure I can have easy battles for people to learn the system. Skipping ahead, they head to the non-noobie island and gain job classes. They meet two more characters, Hibiki and Fio. They meet others but this is mainly it. They fight monster after monster and quickly gain a name for themselves. I have some filler around here but ultimately they're called to slay a monster of extreme power or whatever. Course, they kill it. Here, there's a plot on where a group called the "administrators" use the leftovers of balrog for spell caponents to make items that grant themselves god-like powers. It kinda continues on like this, fighting enemy after enemy. Throughout all of this, Shinji keeps having dreams of this island, like a previous life. He slowly remembers what he did and goes off alone while everyone else goes off for the next monster. Shinji realises this world is a fantasy, or a fake world. He finds the creator of the island and destroys him in a final battle. Characters -I pride myself in their development- Shinji is a swordsman. He learns to charge his sword with elements in the first serious boss fight. He feels kinda useless for a while because at first Hibiki's skills were greater than his. He has dreams of a previous adventure he had on this island and encounters faces he once knew, but they're a shell from what they once were. Shinji struggles with the meaning of being a hero, he sees how some of his righteous actions makes some others suffer. He seems very unlucky at the beginning. He can charge an element into his sword and use spells according to which element he called for. Kohaku is a rogue. She learns how to use the dagger. Any luck that would've gone to Shinji, it's gone to her. She is a shy individual but opens up easily. Npc's tend to think she's cute. She's the last to find an element, but the spirit of pheonix chose her. She struggles between the concept of being a rogue of how they're supposed to utulise the darkness. She has the element of fire and Holy on her. She's a default healer of the game though there are ways any of the others can learn to heal. Hibiki is a swordswomen. She's the calm type usually but she cracks jokes once in a while with a deadpan expression. Hibiki is blessed with the element of wind. Fio is an archer, good humored and friendly but tends to space out. She enjoys working with her hands. Fio is blessed with the element of lightning. These two are from a game called Gunbound. Hibiki is traumatized by Indian feather hats and the mexican laugh "Jajaja". It's a little inside joke. Boy, stories are hard to explain. I should just post it or something. By the way, the MMORPG I wrote this from is called Maplestory. The population right now went to hell(as in too many idiots/noobs/elitists/more-idiots) though so I kinda distanced myself from that game.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement