🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

NeHe Tutorial 22 - OpenIL

Started by
3 comments, last by kirkox 18 years, 2 months ago
Hi guys. I'd like use something about the nehe's tutorial n 22 using your conversion Vc++/OpenIL I use DevIL normally for my project, but I never used ilutOglBuildMipmaps(); During the compiling I receive the following errors: ilutOglBuildMipmaps identifier not found ilutGLTexImage identifier not found I use VC.NET and the latest DevIL. I have read http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/openil/DevIL/ChangeLog?rev=1. 44 who write about a change of name, but the result is the same, also if the "new" ilutOglBindMipmaps return a ILboolean. I prefer to continue with my use of DevIL, and so... I sent an email to doomwiz@ticnet.com, posted like a Conversation man. His email address is not valid. Does not exist! Any advice? thanks a lot. -- KK
Advertisement
How and what files of DevIL you include ?
hi todi.

...#include <IL/il.h>#include <IL/ilu.h>#include <IL/ilut.h>#pragma comment(lib, "DevIL.lib")#pragma comment(lib, "ILUT.lib")....

thanks.

--
KK

I think you've made a mistake, there' no function with name:
ilutOglBuildMipmaps ,
but there is
ilutGLBuildMipmaps

And ilutGLTexImage really exists !!!

Here's a small portion of code from ilut.h

// ImageLib Utility Toolkit's OpenGL Functions#ifdef ILUT_USE_OPENGL	#if defined(_MSC_VER) || defined(_WIN32)		//#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN		#include <windows.h>	#endif//_MSC_VER	#ifdef __APPLE__		#include <OpenGL/gl.h>		#include <OpenGL/glu.h>	#else	 	#include <GL/gl.h> 		#include <GL/glu.h>	#endif//__APPLE__	ILAPI GLuint	ILAPIENTRY ilutGLBindTexImage();	ILAPI GLuint	ILAPIENTRY ilutGLBindMipmaps(ILvoid);	ILAPI ILboolean	ILAPIENTRY ilutGLBuildMipmaps(ILvoid);	ILAPI GLuint	ILAPIENTRY ilutGLLoadImage(const ILstring FileName);	ILAPI ILboolean	ILAPIENTRY ilutGLScreen(ILvoid);	ILAPI ILboolean	ILAPIENTRY ilutGLScreenie(ILvoid);	ILAPI ILboolean	ILAPIENTRY ilutGLSaveImage(const ILstring FileName, GLuint TexID);	ILAPI ILboolean	ILAPIENTRY ilutGLSetTex(GLuint TexID);	ILAPI ILboolean	ILAPIENTRY ilutGLTexImage(GLuint Level);#endif//ILUT_USE_OPENGL
Hi

I'm in really wrong. :(

thanks a lot.

Bye,

:)

--
KK

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement