🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Interfaces in the script language are available in SVN

Started by
-1 comments, last by WitchLord 18 years, 1 month ago
I've just committed the addition of interfaces in the script language to the SVN. There is still a lot to do before I release the next version 2.7.0, but the interfaces are working (even though they are currently very slow). You can now write code like:

interface MyIntf
{
  void DoSomething();
}

class MyClass : MyIntf
{
  void DoSomething() { print("Doing something\n"); }
}

void Test()
{
  MyClass a;
  MyIntf @b = a;
  b.DoSomething();
}
I'm sure you can see the potential of this. Some of the things I still need to implement: - Saving/loading bytecode with declared interfaces. - Faster resolution of calls to interface methods. - Registration of interfaces from the application so that the script classes can be passed directly to application registered functions. - Explicit casting from interface to class. Gives a null handle if the cast is illegal.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement